Saturday, May 07, 2011

International Phones

I've been checking out international telephones recently, and decided to go with one called the World Phone offered by http://mobal.com. I ordered one but have not yet received it. The phone got good ratings on internet surveys, so I'll see if it lives up to the hype.
Communications while overseas is always a quandry. I considered taking a laptop, but decided that it is just too heavy. And having had my laptop stolen recently, it is also an added worry. I will just rely on internet cafes while travelling. I also thought about getting a Netbook, but on looking into it found it would cost almost as much as the laptop by the time it is equipped with software, and would I really use it when I'm not on the road?
Being a Neanderthal with no cell phone or smart phone, I did not have the option of putting international calls on a regular cell phone plan, as I have seen some people do. And overseas there is always the problem of different electric current and different plugs, just to add to technological hassles.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying out one of these world phones and will let you know how it works out.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann Diamond Mother of Darkness said...

Please dish, Margaret: how did your worlphone work in Russia?

Also, was it THAT laptop that got stolen? The one we decided should be taken back to Bureau en Gros, the one they told you was "fine" although we couldn't get the mouse to stop mousing around?

Reading your posts one by one -- sounds like a great, but challenging trip!

11:22 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home