Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Friends with Flights?

I have not been able to verify this independently, but I heard on Clark Howard's Money Show on CNN that certain airlines and rental car companies are offering huge discounts for very short periods on flights and cars to people who become their friends or fans on Facebook. I must say I've never considered bccoming friends with an airline, but I suppose it's not a great leap from being a member of a frequent flyer program. Despite our best efforts, most of us seem to be turning from humans into commodities one way or another.
I checked the Facebook pages of several airlines and did not notice anything about discounts through Facebook, but they may exist. If you are a Facebook addict, it could be worth your time to investigate whether they actually exist and are worthwhile for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home