Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ladies' Taxis

In Moscow in September I had my first encounter with the Ladies' Taxi, a taxi driven by a woman for women passengers. The experience was not altogether good, since the taxi was nearly an hour late arriving and I nearly missed my plane to Frankfurt.

On the plus side, the driver was pleasant and the car was clean. Moscow traffic is horrendous and the delay may not have been totally the driver's fault, but I doubt I would use that taxi company again.

The idea of taxis driven by and for women seems to be taking off around the world. They can be found in Dubai, in Moscow and perhaps soon in Mexico City, as well as in the UK. Good idea perhaps in principle, but they have to be able to deliver if they expect to build a repeat clientele.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home